Monday, October 6, 2008

Recycling

There are a lot of things I get easily excited about. One of those things is recycling in unexpected places.

From my observations so far, it does not seem like recycling is a top priority in Bucharest. I'm inclined to say that this city produces far less waste than a city of
this size would create in the states. But considering that most people drink bottled water, I would have at least expected prevalent methods of recycling the bottles once empty.

Last March when attending an open house at the soon to open Nationals Park I was so excited by the Nats recycling bins that I took a picture.



On Saturday, I was so excited by the FIRST recycling bin I have seen since arriving here over two weeks ago that I, again, took a picture.


The best part of the recycling bins? They were located at the only IKEA in all of Romania. One of many, many reasons to love IKEA.

No comments: